Monday, March 9, 2009

The joys of Insurance

Our insurance won't cover and IF stuff, but once you are pregnant, they'll cover meds. But only after days of 'awaiting approval.' And only with very specific pharmacies. I hate them.

I have been on the phone with the approved pharmacy 8 times(between Friday and today) and EVERY time I have to say my info, all of it, name, address, birth date. And had to answer inane questions such as "has your info changed?" and I have said, "I just signed up with you Friday, why would it change?" "We have to ask you, ma'am." Today, a person said, "we don't have your info." I almost lost it.

After much being put on hold and getting close to tears of rage, they are sending the PIO, a day later than I need it, but I have some crinone to hold me over. Honestly, I was so annoyed that I felt like I'd rather pay full price than deal with their crap.

After all of the frustration, I opened my front door and tried to breathe in some cool fresh air and remind myself that things are going well.

I am pregnant, and their idiocy shouldn't effect me.

5 comments:

  1. You are so smart- their idiocy shouldn't affect you. But I totally understand your frustration. Just keep breathing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had to go through this stress. A deep breath of fresh air, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had to experience such frustration. Like s.e. and martha said..keep breathing and take your wonderful little ones for another walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you feel me rolling my eyes at them? It's like they go to school to learn how to be so annoying and unhelpful. Anyway, it is great that the PIO is covered - it gets expensive and every bit helps.

    Pause. Your pregnant! That's soooo wonderful. Everything else is small potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is maddening. I do feel I'm talking to a bunch of idiots sometimes...
    but you're right, you shouldn't let this affect you. breathe and be calm honey... don't allow adrenaline to go crazy inside your body for small stuff.
    btw, I have a sealed bottle of PIO left over from my cycle. If you need it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete