Saturday, February 14, 2009

Planning the Observed holiday

Seeing as I am still hivey on my arms, and have swelling ovaries, and have to get to bed early tonight, we aren't really paying attention to Valentine's Day.

This morning, Mr. S was looking at a bill and said, "What is the date?" and I said, "It's the 14th." and it was like there was an empty space in the air... we both rushed and said, "Happy Valentine's Day." Mr. S is a romantic, and got sad that we haven't paid attention to the holiday. But truly, other years, we often go out on a different night, if at all, because the pricey dinners seem silly to us.

And then I remembered that my RE said I may have a glass of wine, between egg retrieval and transfer. So, I am suddenly interested in having a "Valentine's Dad Observed." Complete with nice meal and drink. Hopefully my last alcoholic drink for 9 months!

I am a little nervous about tomorrow. I got an over-anxious worry, this morning, that the trigger shot hadn't worked, and my eggs wouldn't be mature. But, as the day has progressed, I have felt more 'pregnant' so I think it is working. Here's hoping we get at least 10 eggs tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. GL!!!!!!!! Share a glass of wine and a little romance tonight - you so deserve it! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope next time we hear from you, you will feel and be so much more pregnant. Hope you have many mature amazing quality eggs and wishing you a quick, easy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to lots of eggies and smooth sailing on these next steps all the way.
    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, your art as a writer is one I so admire and appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed the glass of wine - may it be your last for a long while. Good luck!!

    OH OH OH, my word verification is pregiou. SERIOUSLY! This is a good omen!!!!

    ReplyDelete