Thursday, August 1, 2013

little ms independence

Acorn had her first week at camp last week. It was bittersweet. She has never been in daycare or preschool, just relative and friend care. (yes, we are lucky)
So, drop-offs were hard, but she had a great time every day(space camp, imaginative play, half day)...
I almost cried the first day. I imagine that is how it will be with preschool.
And, she has learned to swim. Mind you, she wears a flotation vest. But, she is paddling around the big pool, no longer holding on to me for dear life.

There is nothing that can make you notice how swiftly your infant's life is changing then seeing her older sister blossoming and growing.

Dahlia is a joy and delight. She is full of smiles. She is very intent on looking at people who are talking to her, and just rolled over(back to front). She is 3.5 months old. She is dealing with her first illness, and has been rather screamy, especially at 2 am, but seems to be on the mend. The hardest thing for me(other than seeing her upset and losing sleep) was that I was short-tempered with Acorn. It really made me quite sad.

My life is very full, and I don't get much done, beyond keeping us fed, clothed, and active(going to our neighborhood pool, mostly).. but, my girls are happy, and that is what is important.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like our lives mirror each other a bit. Ginny had her first program/class last week. But it was a mom & tot gymnastics class, so I got to be with her. The hard part for me was putting Pip into the daycare at the rec center where the class was held.

    I hear you about not getting much done, especially when the wee ones are sick. Glad to hear that all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete