Wednesday, January 19, 2011

River Stone 3

As I was getting out of my car this afternoon at a local shopping center, I heard some teenagers joking around, being loud and a bit obnoxious, as they walked towards me. I hadn't looked at them, but heard them. My immediate thought was that they wouldn't bother me if they saw I had a baby. I pulled her out of the car and turned around. One of them yelled out, "Hey, wait!" and ran over. Acorn's shoe had dropped. He picked it up before I had a chance to lean down. I said, "thank you" and said, "Acorn, say 'Hi!'" She did. He said, "that just made my day."
It is so lovely, sometimes, to be wrong.

3 comments:

  1. This story made me smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think about how often we pass judgments. I'm glad you were wrong about them too.

    ReplyDelete