Wednesday, January 19, 2011

River Stone 3

As I was getting out of my car this afternoon at a local shopping center, I heard some teenagers joking around, being loud and a bit obnoxious, as they walked towards me. I hadn't looked at them, but heard them. My immediate thought was that they wouldn't bother me if they saw I had a baby. I pulled her out of the car and turned around. One of them yelled out, "Hey, wait!" and ran over. Acorn's shoe had dropped. He picked it up before I had a chance to lean down. I said, "thank you" and said, "Acorn, say 'Hi!'" She did. He said, "that just made my day."
It is so lovely, sometimes, to be wrong.

3 comments:

  1. This story made me smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. Made me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me think about how often we pass judgments. I'm glad you were wrong about them too.

    ReplyDelete