Saturday, September 13, 2008

crab soup

About 10 minutes after writing the last post, I had the desire to take it off, as I felt like Ms. Poppy Complainerson. But, I decided that it is OK to be up and down on the blog, so I am leaving it.

I do want to clarify that I feel I've been lucky with most of my IRL friends being incredibly thoughtful and aware about IF stuff. Some of them already had friends deal with it, and some didn't, but most have been sensitive and kind, throughout.

So, Mr. S and I went out for a late dinner to our favorite local diner, and ordered 2 dinner specials. At this place(which has a greek base, but does all kinds of diner food) you get soup, salad and 2 veggies with a dinner special. It has been awhile since we've been there, so I forgot that the soup and salad are both LARGE. We each got greek salads, and I ordered maryland crab soup, and Mr. S ordered tomato bisque. As the soup and salad came out we were like "oh man, we should've split!" we always forget how large their portions are.

The soup is homemade, and it was just a bit spicy, with tomato and veggie heartiness and chunks of crab. I have felt better since I ate it! I was tempted to order some to go, it made me feel so good. They make all their soups there, so there is no guarantee when they'll have it again.

I basically ate 3 bites of my main meal, and brought it all home. I also came home with the crackers, as Mr. S was like "take those and keep them in your purse!" for future ick-i-ness. Sweet man.

8 comments:

  1. Gee, if you can't complain a little to your blogger buddies, then who can you complain to? You and Mr.S are both sweet and what a good idea to keep crackers in your purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i appreciate the full disclosure aka complainerson style. i want to know everything! ;) crab soup sounds tastey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left overs, what great lunches and snack food they make! And crackers in the purse, who doesn't do that? I even keep breakfast bars in my car for when I get hungry - and I'm not pregnant...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love leftovers as well! And, quick thinking on hubbies part about the crackers. Something tells me they will come in handy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmm!!!! Crab soup! My fave. Enjoy anything that tastes good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ups and downs are all part of the experience.

    And I am glad I am not the only one who had a gluttonous weekend. I hope the queasiness stays far away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't sound too complain-y in your last post. If you feel icky, you should be allowed to say so. And you finished it with saying you realized it meant the baby was growing well, so you're definitely not sounding like the folks who sound resentful over every pregnancy discomfort. Your soup sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, the ICK is really unpleasant. I don't care how grateful you are that you are finally pregnant, it is hard to be thankful for wanting to hurl for 2+ months. So crab away, I say. Because there's nothing else you can do besides try more oyster crackers.

    ReplyDelete