Friday, June 19, 2009

the belly is growing

I am walking differently, I noticed it while we were on vacation, especially with the hundreds of stairs I climbed each day. But, I didn't know if anyone else could tell.
On Saturday, we were walking to the pool with our neighbors and my neighbor said, "Hey, you have the waddle!" and I said, dismayedly, "I know." I always thought that the waddle started because of a large belly, but now I've learned it is also about the pelvis loosening and adjusting.
Regardless, one shouldn't say "you have the waddle!" to a pregnant woman!

Here are some belly shots:

6 weeks:
Photobucket
19 weeks:
Photobucket

We have our 20 week ultrasound on Monday, I am so excited! We're planning to not find out the gender. We decided that A: it will be a fun surprise and B: we've known so much, incl. what our baby looked like as an embryo, so it will be nice to just not know.

also, I uploaded the monarch on the lavender, that I wrote about a few days ago... on the post below.

7 comments:

  1. You look wonderful, cute belly. How exciting, Best Wishes for your 20 week u/s.
    We didn't find out the gender of our boys, wanted to be suprised also.
    No, you shouldn't use the term waddle to any pregnant woman's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the growing belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY for belly pics!!! You look wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I am excited for you u/s on Monday - enjoy the extended peek at the baby :) I am glad we are not alone in our plan to be surprised - how exciting! You are halfway there Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful and the word "waddle" should remain unspoken - always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your belly looks adorable! I agree, the element of surprise is often lost, how exciting to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!

    I hope your u/s goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little belly! I'm going to have to post mine so you believe me - I'm the same size as you at only 12 weeks. Apparently twins will do that to your body! I actually went to the doctor last week because I was afraid I was miscarrying. I had a lot of pain around my uterus, which turned out to be ligament stretching. Thank goodness that was all it was!!

    Anyway, you look great. :)

    ReplyDelete