Saturday, March 21, 2009

brief story

Welcome to all ICLW comment-leavers.

Our brief story:
DH and I have been ttc #1 for a bit over 3 yrs. We found out we are dealing with severe mfi(counts vary from 800,000-a few million total, bad morph, bad motility). We found out after ONE YEAR of ttc that DH's brother and father also had issues(but not as severe as DH, maybe b/c they started when younger). Still annoyed we weren't told that right away.
We've been through way too much testing, 3 failed IUI's, one varicocele surgery(didn't really help) clomid for DH, clomid for me. Our insurance covers testing, (they love to tell us we can't get pregnant.) They do not cover any infertility, we'll be paying IVF off for another year. One failed IVF, one BFP FET that ended in a miscarriage right after we heard the h/b. Watching our friends babies grow older while we wait is especially hard. We want to be in the club!

We've been married almost 4 yrs and own a house, I am an avid gardener.

Currently very cautiously expecting after IVF/ICSI #2. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow.

Freaked out pretty much every day about some worry, hoping to get excited soon.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent summary, I hope the freak out factor dials down soon.
    My wildflowers are germinated, all happy and content in the east facing side garden. I've got alyssum, Indian paint, poppies, and cosmos coming, yipee!! Your garden sounds lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you luck with your next cycle. My DH and I have been married almost 4 years too and we have m/f as well as f/f issues. We will be starting IVF with ICSI hopefully in May so I know what it is like to be getting excited.
    -ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story -- congratulations on hitting 7 weeks! Happy ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 7 weeks!! And great intro..You've gained a new follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get to that place of being able to relax and enjoy it soon. It's just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the summary. Congrats on your BFP, I truly hope this is it for you and DH.

    GL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW! Sending you hopeful sticky vibes from the West Coast. Looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 7 weeks!! I am sorry you have experienced the pain of losing a baby. I pray for the little one on board now:)
    The excitement will come, hold onto your hope.I've been there too.

    Here from ICLW...No. 103
    My Little Drummer Boys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the very best of luck. Hopefully, this one will stick around. It is so very hard to relax and enjoy a pregnancy after a loss.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations. i hope that this "worry" time for you and the hubby will become HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY when y'all can breathe a sigh of relief.

    ReplyDelete