Wednesday, February 18, 2009

needle-y

After class this afternoon, I had an acupuncture appointment. I saw the little plastic-wrapped needles and thought, "hmmm, I wonder what gauge those are? I wonder if he has the 25g we are almost out of?" and then I laughed at myself, realizing acupuncture needles and stim needles are ridiculously different.

The treatment was good. As I left he said, "Your energy reserves are just 8 out of 10, so take it easy." and I thought he meant they had been, and said, "well that makes sense" but he said, "no, after treatment they are." Usually I leave a session super energized. But, the last few days(weeks?) have really drained me, obviously.

My RE just called, and we are set for a transfer around noon on Friday. She is juggling some things, to try and do it herself. I really hope she can! She said all 5 embryos are perfect 8 cell, so she expects them to be blasts on Friday. Hurrah!

And, I may be a little less computer-y for awhile. I've been using an old mac a friend's hand-me-down, and the power cord let out a little puff of smoke an hour ago. I think it is dead, so I am on battery, here. Yikes! I've wanted a new computer for a year, but other things(hello ivf) have been more important.

6 comments:

  1. Sending my best for a great transfer on Friday. Hurrah for wonderful news from your RE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, blasts! Good luck on Friday, will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stars are aligning. Things sound exactly as they should. Horray for all your hard work!

    If you must be absent, know that we are with you in spirit, holding your hand as you recieve your little blasts on Friday!

    Wishing you only the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like things are really going great with the embies! Good luck tomorrow, I may have missed it but did they speculate on how many they are going to transfer? or will it be a game time decision?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy,

    I've been meaning to thank you for your advice -- I've begun acupuncture and credit it for feeling so calm going into stims soon...so thank you.


    And I'm SO thrilled to hear where you are now and am wishing you all the very best.

    love,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the transfer!

    ReplyDelete